Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Goodbye Guangzhou

Yes, this is it, and the post will be short because it is late and we have to still pack!!! We did our ceremonial pictures on the red couch with Mattie. We had dinner at the Thai place, ice cream, and picking out some last minute gifts.

I am very ready to be home, to see my boys, and to continue to learn about Carli and have her start learning about her new life. Can you imagine, she’s adjusted this well already and we’re living in a hotel room… she has no idea there is more ahead!

On the flip side, neither Amanda or myself are ready to leave… not at all. I’m sure some of it is just being on vacation, but I think we’ve started to become even closer to China with this trip. We have talked about future family vacations here and I think both of us have a strong desire to try and learn Chinese. I mean, we always had a desire to learn some, but I think we’d both like to be able to come back in several years and be able to communicate with people. It has been a good experience, but one we are eager to continue for many reasons.

The next post will be from Anchorage, Alaska... ahhhh. It may take a while, so be patient. It has been a lot of fun writing each night, knowing I am talking and sharing things with so many family and friends. Thank you for the encouraging comments and support along the way. We have all appreciated them.


1 Comments:

Blogger Haney Family said...

Thank you Brian and Amanda for sharing this experience with us.

Yesterday I was shelfing books at the school library and come across a Chinese Nursary Rhymes book. It had beautiful pictures and the poems written in Chinese Callegraphy as well. I read this one and thought instantly of your girls. (the picture was really neat as well.)

Two little sisters went walking one day,
Partly for exercise, partly for play,
They took with them kites which they wanted to fly,
One a big centipede, one a great butterfly.
Then up in a moment the kites floated high,
Like dragons that seemed to be touching the sky!


Thanks for giving these two amazing girls their kites to fly and the wind that will carry them high and far.

Here are two others that are funny and I could totally see singing to children.

We keep a dog to guard the house;
A pig will make a feast for two;
We keep a cat to catch a mouse;
But what is the use of a girl like you?


I know that one might be read the wrong way, but I imagine it full of fun, teasing and love, and of course a big belly tickle at the end.

The heaven is bright,
The earth is bright,
I have a baby who cries all night.


Through the ages its been the same, Brian, through the ages! :-)

Okay guys, have a safe trip home. We hope to see you all soon. Merril is so happy that you have evened the ranks now, 3 girls and 3 boys....let the games begin.

Take care. Love to all.
Sheila & Family

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home